Thursday, September 11, 2008

A New Chapter Has Begun!

Jay and Ellie went to preschool this week for the first time! Although this may be a seemingly minor occurence in other people's world, it was huge in mine. Not only is it significant because my babies are growing up, (which is always an amazing process for a mother to go through, especially when it's their first), but it also has added another drop to my "the Lord really loves me bucket". Let me explain!

For over two years now, I have been interested in doing some kind of co-op preschool. I had no interest in paying for preschool because #1 it's expensive and #2 our money has always been seasonal because we own a business that is seasonal. I had no interest in signing up for something in the fall that would be an added burden to our family in the winter. So, for over two years now, I have wanted to put together a co-op preschool. The only problem was that all the mothers that I knew were already involved with expensive preschools and had zero interest!

Fifteen months ago, we moved to Oak Harbor. I had high hopes of finding other preschool moms, but to no avail. Finally, after living in Oak Harbor for 10 months, we moved into our lovely little home, that just happened to be in the boundaries of the best ward ever! It just so happened that the year before Jay enters kindergarten, (when pre-school is needed most) I met a wonderful group of women, that not only were open to the idea of a pre-school, but actually really excited about the idea. We also just happen to each have children that are all starting kindergarten at the same time and will possibly even go to the same school. Each one of these children have become my children's best friends and each one of these women have touched my life. The Lord knows us each individually and knows exactly what we need. I am glad that he knew I needed these amazing women as my friends.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Wow, I can't believe how big your kids are, especially Ellie! Joey is beautiful. I can tell I'm going to love your blog. Thanks for sharing. Isn't it fun to be a blogger?

Becky Jensen said...

I feel the same way about how the school came together! i wanted to do one in utah but no one else did! I'm so glad we are able to do it!