Thursday, October 30, 2008

Impromptu Halloween Party!

What started out as a way to not have to go trick or treating all evening tomorrow night, has now turned into a Halloween party! Earlier this week I was thinking of having one or two families come over to celebrate Halloween with us. We got so much candy at the trunk or treat and I really didn't want to have hoards of candy in the house next week (one week of kids begging for candy all day long is enough!). I wanted to limit the time we spent trick or treating, but needed to have something fun to do besides collect as much candy as humanly possible.

Well, my plan to have a couple of families over has somehow gone awry. Although I am the reason my plans were changed, somehow it happened without my conscious awareness. Now, however there are about 6 or 7 families coming which doesn't constitute just a couple of friends anymore and feels much more like a party.

Everytime I throw any kind of party, I am always anxious that I am leaving someone out, or that someone is going to feel bad that they didn't get an invite. I am an includer and definitely not into leaving people out so, this is a last minute invitation to anyone that might feel like they would enjoy coming. It is going to be rather informal, just food and games (no decorations, no thrills, bells, or whistles), but I think it is going to be fun.

If you would like to come bring your favorite party games, pajamas for your kids (kids will be having their own pajama party while watching movies and probably eating way too much candy), and enough pizza to feed your family (or if anyone wants to bring tortilla chips and cheese to go with the chili I am making, please call me). We are going to start around 7-7:30pm, which is kind of late for dinner, but I think gives enough time to go trick or treating for a little while with your children. We are going to have three tables of games going (if anyone shows up :), so hopefully there will be something for everyone. Hope to see you tomorrow and Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Team Pettijohn said...

I googled your name and found your blog...it's been a long time. :-) Glad to see that you are doing good. You sure have some cute kids. Anyway, just thought that I would say hi. You should check out our blog! teampettijohn.blogspot.com