Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Where did October go?

Our Crazy Busy Month
Has anyone else felt like October has been extremely busy? I haven't even looked at a blog for almost the whole month. I have taken tons of cute pictures and have thought of lots of good ideas for great posts, but have had no extra time. No time like to present to catch up.



Babysitting Alison
This month started off difficult financially. A drop in the economy always hits businesses like ours especially hard. We felt the economic drop and we felt like maybe we needed to look for some extra work, maybe a part-time job, etc. The day I started my search, I read an email about a lady in our ward looking for childcare for her daughter. I called her and she had just gotten a job the day before and was telling her mom right before I called that all she needed now was someone to watch Alison. The next day was her first day in training and I now watch a beautiful baby girl approx. 40 hours per week. She is 19 months old, has a great disposition, and she fits right in, but lets face it, having another child around is more work. It has been nice to have the extra money though.



Jay's 5th Birthday Party!
Jay turned 5 on October 13th. We had about 15 kids come to his first birthday party with friends. He got so many cool presents and I think everyone had fun. Of course, it had to rain, so instead of having everyone make a train car and go outside to blow whistles and pretend to be a train, we had a train and 12 blowing whistles inside the house. It was a little chaotic, but definitely memorable.



Pictures from the Pumpkin Patch!

It has been one party after another this month. On the 18th, we went to the pumpkin patch to get pumpkins for a pumpkin carving party that night. It is a tradition to take pictures at the farm, and here are some of the cutest ones.


Pumpkin Carving!


Doug's 29th Birthday!

Wow, look at all those candles! Doug said he was having a little bit of a hard time turning 29. Unfortunately for him, I have zero sympathy since I turned 29 how long ago? He has been asking me to make Mexican tamales for months now, so for his birthday, I finally broke down and spent hours in the kitchen figuring out how to make them. They weren't that bad after I found out how to do it. I might even do it again sometime.


Wizard of Oz Costumes
When I was a little girl, my family dressed up as the Wizard of Oz. It is probably one of my favorite Halloween pictures. I got to be Dorothy, my brother was the Tin Man, my sister was the wicked witch, my mom was the Scarecrow, and my dad the Cowardly Lion. I had a lot of fun duplicating that memory in my own family and we actually got a good picture. We had our ward's Trunk or Treat the night of Doug's birthday, but he was a good sport about it. We celebrated his birthday Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, because of it.


Pulling Up and Growing Up!

Another note worthy happening in our family is how much our little baby is growing up. He started pulling himself up on everything this month. He is getting so huge! I think the 3rd child must grow up about twice as fast as the first two. He is already almost 8 months old. What happened to my baby?

3 comments:

Linda said...

It looks like you had a full and fun October!

Christy said...

Oh my goodness! Thanks for the great pictures. I can't believe Jay is FIVE (what an amazing cake--you're so awesome). And the costumes, wow. Joey looks so much like Ellie, but a bit like Jay too. I so wish we could be there to celebrate all those fun milestones with you (like how OLD Doug is getting). I will have to call you soon to catch up. I miss you!!!

Tiffani said...

Wow, what an ambitious party! What a fun mom you are! Looks like Oct was fun. Cute costumes.